This is a 3CEU Course.
This is an introductory course for anyone curious about how lasers are incorporated into the hygiene department. We will go over the basics of how dental lasers work, along with how to use them safely. The attendee will learn how lasers are utilized in the hygiene department, the various procedures the dental hygienist can perform with a laser, how-to treatment plan laser into everyday practice, and how lasers can reduce pain, inflammation and accelerate healing. The attendee will also have the chance to practice with a laser and learn how the laser interacts with the tissue.
- Learn how dental lasers work and how to use them safely
- Learn how lasers are utilized in the hygiene department
- Learn how to treatment plan laser into your everyday practice
- Learn how photobiomodulation can reduce pain, inflammation and accelerate healing for your patients
- Hands-on practice with lasers-learn how the laser will work in the mouth
Advanced Dental Hygiene is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership, and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by the state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2020 to 12/31/2023. Provider ID# 381332