(Psst! Need a laser? We can get you one to borrow.)
Start Today With Unmatched Bonuses!
Montana State Board Laser Rules
- Gingival curettage
- RDH can use laser, stay within scope of practice. Needs appropriate training. Can initiate tip.
- Email: There are no specific regulations that address hygienist’s use of laser. In the past, the board has discussed this topic and agreed that appropriate education/training in the use of lasers by hygienist would allow them to use lasers but only within their scope of practice. The employing/supervising dentist would be responsible to ensure the training is adequate and the use falls within the scope of practice.”
- State: “1) does not allow the board or a licensed dentist to delegate any of the following duties:
- a) diagnosis, treatment planning, and prescription other than prescriptions authorized under subsection (1)(c);
- surgical procedures on hard and soft tissues other than root planing and subgingival curettage;”